Something They Want, Something They Need, Something to Wear, and Something to Read: 28 Ideas for a S
Something They Want
Let your imagination run wild with this one. Or just have them write a plain old Christmas list...
1. Toys 2. Arts and Crafts 3. Video Games 4. Tablets
I figure that this would be easiest for you to come up with ideas for. I am certain your kids aren’t shy about making their wants known.
Something They Need
1. School supplies A backpack, pens and pencils, a new binder, folders, etc. Make it fun and good quality. It’s Christmas, you know.
2. H&B Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, bandaids (this is always in my kids’ stockings…), shampoo, lotion, combs and brushes, and detangler to just name a few ideas. Again, I get this every year for the kids. They like getting their own special shampoo.
3. Sporting equipment Does your child play sports? Then you know they need equipment, whether that is basketball shorts, batting gloves, soccer cleats, or tap shoes (yes, I included dance in here… they need a lot of stuff too!).
4. Clothes Seems obvious, but sometimes you want to get clothes that would fit into this category instead of the next one… and you totally can! Trust me, kids need clothes, so many clothes.
5. Pajamas Who doesn’t love pajamas? Something soft and breathable is best. If you want to splurge, you can also get the pajama set for the doll too. My daughter is a big fan of these.
6. Coats and Jackets It’s winter… we need them, even in the South. We’re babies down here!
7. Shoes Literally I need to buy stock in Nike… These are the only sneakers that can hold together til my kids reach the next size. Maybe they are abnormally harsh on them… Anyways, you can do all sorts of shoes here- dress shoes, boots, sandals, you name it.
8. Bedding Why not new sheets or a comforter? I feel like it is a need every once in a while…
9. Car seats Kids need these, especially since they are in them for so much of their childhood now. So ya, get a steal on Black Friday and wrap it right up.
Something to Wear
This is also a pretty self-explanatory category, but maybe you can find some fresh ideas here.
1. Church outfits 2. School outfits 3. Play clothes 4. Dress up clothes 5. Coats and Jackets 6. Hoodies 7. Sneakers 8. Rain boots 9. Cowboy boots 10. Hats: baseball caps, winter hats, cowboy hats… the list could go on and on. 11. Winter accessories: hats, mittens, scarves, etc. 12. Makeup 13. Socks 14. Jewelry 15. Hair bows
Something to Read
This category has its very own blog post - don't miss out!
Good luck with your last minute Christmas shopping! And let us know what you were able to snag!
Until Next Time, Sister #1